Frequently asked questions about the tattoo process
- Feel free to send me a message if your question isn't answered here -
DO YOU TATTOO DESIGNS MORE THAN ONCE?
- Unless you and your bestie are coming in for matching tattoos, all designs are only tattooed once.
DO YOU TAKE A DEPOSIT?
- Yes! I require a $50 deposit. The deposit will be applied to the total cost of your tattoo. Once our appointment is booked, I will send you a money request via Venmo, Cash App, or Paypal. Your deposit acts as a place-holder for our appointment and is NON-REFUNDABLE. If you are more than 30 minutes late for your appointment, your deposit will NOT be refunded or re-applied if we need to re-schedule.
WHEN WILL YOU TRAVEL TO MY STATE/COUNTRY?
- All of my travel/guest spot information will be posted on my Instagram page. Keep an eye out!
WHAT FORMS OF PAYMENT DO YOU ACCEPT?
- Happy Camper Tattoo accepts cash and/or debit/credit card.
WHAT ARE YOUR RATES?
- Palm-hand sized projects generally fall in the $125 - $170 range. Larger work is priced hourly at a rate of $85/hr. Tattoo pricing is complex. Prices will vary depending on placement, color vs. non-color, size, and amount of detail in the design, but I will be able to give you a rough estimate once I get a better understanding of your project idea.
- My minimum is $85 for small tattoos.
HOW DOES THIS PROCESS WORK FROM START TO FINISH?
- To get started, head over to my booking page to fill out a submission form. Once you've heard back from me with a price estimate and any thoughts I have regarding your design idea, we can move forward with scheduling an appointment date and collecting a $50 deposit. You will receive a drawing mock-up no later than a couple days before your appointment. When tattoo day arrives, we'll look at the final design together and make any necessary changes. Once your tattoo is finished and wrapped up you can pay at Happy Camper.
I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT SCHEDULED WITH YOU. WILL I BE ABLE TO SEE A MOCK-UP?
- I do my best to send design photos via text 2-3 days before your appointment. Any renditions will be made before I see you.
HOW SHOULD I TAKE CARE OF MY HEALING TATTOO?
- I will send you home with specific aftercare instructions, but the biggest rule of thumb is keep your tattoo clean.
WHAT IF MY TATTOO "FALLS OUT" DURING THE HEALING PROCESS?
- I offer a free touch up session for tattoos under 6 months of age. Head over to Happy Camper's booking page to book your complimentary touch up appointment. Tattoos over the age of 6 months cost $50 to touch up.
CAN I TAKE ONE OF YOUR DESIGNS TO ANOTHER TATTOO ARTIST?
- Nah. Your tattoo will look better if the original artist does the work.